Girlfriend Prom Idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corbo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok. Dumb question.

I want to buy my girlfriend a new fish and a better aquarium (5 gallon cube instead of 3 gallon cylinder), since the last tank I got her was hard to maintain and caused our beautiful little Garth,the betta, (RIP) to die.

My idea is this-
I'm asking her to prom in this somewhat exciting, yet odd way.
Basically it involves pink balloons with pigs faces on them, and the whole-
"Well, pigs are flying, will you go to prom with me" sort of thing.

I would like to get a fish that would somewhat match this whole plan... and name him/her Porky.

HOWEVER,
My resources are limited on what I can buy, and I don't have many "pink" fish available to me in my small town.

Any ideas of what other ideas would be good? Maybe a ravenous fish that eats a lot? Therefore, Porky would be a logical name?

Or, I do have Pink Kissing Gouramis available to me at Wal-Mart, but would that be too large for a 5 gallon? Also available would be (I think) Blood Parrot Cichlids or something along those lines?

ANY advice is appreciated!

Well, dang. Thanks for the heads up. That would've been bad. Guess I'll probably have to settle for a non-pink fish.

There may be some small kind of Albino which might go in there, but I don't know what.

how about a white betta with some red? i have one, but its a female if that matters

I believe the only albino's anywhere closeby has are some Glolight Tetras... and they're not very well suited for a 5 gallon, or so I have read. I can maybe find something. Thanks for the suggestion though! I hadn't thought about Albinos

I have thought about a betta, and I will probably end up looking for one to save from wal mart or my LFS (which is almost as bad, tried to sell me a wine cup for a betta once). Hoping they have something close to pink... Or white and red perhaps

Well, that would be cool. However, curse this city I live in! All that's available are Black Skirt Tetras... of course.

A betta is prob the best bet. Although pink is supposed to be a rare color. <look at Aquabid, they have some gorgeous pink bettas ... but they all are from Thailand ... so it will cost $$$.>

Yeah, I'm probably going to have to give in and just get her another betta! Haha. Oh well, this will be a good save from those dang little cup prisons. I do believe I might have seen a light pinkish white one at my LFS, so maybe that will do.

No offense, but seriously, don't buy a dyed fish (fruit salad tetras) or any other odd-colored fish. She'll google them, realize what they did to the poor fish to make them odd colors, and cry.

I would only put a betta in a 5g. I won't worry so much about it being with the theme. She'll love it (if she likes fish) because it came from you. :)

+1 to Chelsea..... Coming from you is the important thing here, the color is not important, all natural fish are beautiful, coming from you will make it special

Well, yeah. Looks like betta is the way to go. Then we have a betta connection going on. Haha! But thanks for the advice everyone! It's nice to have other people's opinions who know fish better than I do.

Marconis said:
Why do you have to ask your girl to prom? Isn't that implied!?

Every girl wants to be asked to prom...it's PROM!! It only happens once...it's highschool romance! It's the stuff dreams are made of...lol

Every girl wants to be asked to prom...it's PROM!! It only happens once...it's highschool romance! It's the stuff dreams are made of...lol

Haha, I was just messing a bit. This is how it went with my girlfriend:

Me: When's your prom? (she went to a different school)
Her: This and then. When's yours?
Me: Then and this.
Her: Okay I'll get my dress Tuesday.

Done. We hated prom.

Yeah, we've been together for a year now, and I have to one up my asking her to prom last year.. Which will be hard. I wish it were implied.
I guess it's nice to do SOMETHING nice for her every once in a while ;) haha! But next year since I'm a year older than her, she's asking me to her senior prom, hopefully...

Corbo said:
Yeah, we've been together for a year now, and I have to one up my asking her to prom last year.. Which will be hard. I wish it were implied.
I guess it's nice to do SOMETHING nice for her every once in a while ;) haha! But next year since I'm a year older than her, she's asking me to her senior prom, hopefully...

Hopefully...*wink* too bad it's not implied! Lol

Fruit salad tetras are a bad idea. They are dyed fish, which means they were stuck with a needle to inject that color into them. A) it is painful for the fish, and B) the color is not permanent.

Back
Top Bottom