Giving my beta the 10gal home he deserves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaseMrNiceguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm switching my beta over to my already cycled tank that I have some Christmas moss and a couple pieces if Anubias attached to some driftwood in. I'm just wondering what you guys think I can put in there with him I'm going to add a couple red wendetti and maybe one more plant that will get some height. But what other fish do u guys think I can add to liven it up a little.

YAY, I love it when a Betta gets a mansion to live in!! I have 2 males in individual 10g tanks but they don't have tank mates so someone else will need to advise on that.

I have a nice school of neon tetras and some panda cories, and happily they are best of friends

I'm wondering if maybe I can put a school of micro fish in with him, or will he just eat them because they are small also how about some snails? I know he isn't one for shrimp unless they are dinner I threw a few RCS in with him once they were expensive little snacks, lol

You could try it but he sounds aggressive, he might do better on his own. Mine is in a 10 gal too and he uses every bit of it and he wouldn't tolerate any tank mates.

If he is attacking shrimp i think that is probably a good sign he may be best alone. You could try some snails but personally I probably wouldn't try anything else and would be prepared to move the snails if he decides he doesn't like them either

He has. A nerite snail in there with him that he doesn't bother at all its been with him for a couple months now. Maybe I'll try some bigger shrimp like ghost shrimp since they are so cheap see how he is now I'm hoping the bigger tank with all the hiding spots will calm him down a bit.

My guy ignores the two nerites I have with him. How about maybe like 5 Pygmy cories with him I figure since the are primarily bottom dwellers he might not bother them?

Back
Top Bottom