Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2020, 03:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Glofish Tetra Aggression

Hi,
So I recently got a 10 gal tank for 6 glofish tetras and I had some issues at first. The first night I had one die and same for the second night and was confused so I tested my water and all the parameters are good and I havenít had any issues. Then just recently I noticed one of my fish is missing itís tail fin and the top fin is slightly mangled. I canít quite tell if itís a bully fish or not because tetras are playful nipping fish but Iím worried if it is a bully should I isolate it or no because theyíre schooling fish. Iím kind of confused, any suggestions?

Old 04-05-2020, 05:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

10 gallons is too small for the glofish tetras. It sounds 100% like a bully fish.
Did you cycle the tank before adding the fish?
What are your water parameters exactly?

Old 04-05-2020, 06:21 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I didn’t. I cycled it with them in the tank. Risky I know, I am new to this and didn’t know better. Which I believe is why I had an ammonia spike that killed one of my fish. I don’t remember my parameters. I took a water sample in to get tested and everything came back normal

Tags
aggression, fish, glofish, tetra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com