going to be fish shopping soon, please double check my list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boojumsnark25

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, Since my tank is converting 4ppm of ammonia in 24 hours, i think it's safe to say that i can add a full bioload...I had to adjust my stock list to accommodate my BGK and his appetite, so how does this list look for a 55 gallon tank?

1 Black Ghost Knifefish
1 Half Black Angelfish
1 Pearl Gourami
1 Pleco (I'm assuming he's a dwarf one, I've had him for 2 years and he's maxed out at 6 inches...)
2 Black Mollies
3 Marigold Swordtails (1 male, two female)
6 False Julii Cory Cats
10 Zebra Danios

I have heard that the gourami and angel might cause problems, but i've been told by members on here that angels are only aggressive when mating and that the pearl is the only type of gourami that is always peaceful.

Is everything compatible? Am I overstocked? Understocked? Just Right?

I say you're just understocked. I certainly wouldn't add all of those fish at once, piece it out over 2-3 wks. The only (eventual) issue is with the BGK, who can reach a length of 18in or so, though I think that is quite rare. I'd consider another molly, so you could have 1M / 2F, and give the BGK some extra prey to keep him busy.

evercl92, I just can't help, lol. But BGK can be peaceful and probably wont kill other fish.

looks like a good list to me, but plan ahead for a larger tank for the bgk eventually

Back
Top Bottom