Goldfish Matinence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pmcgoldie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it true that if you have a goldfish, they are so dirty that you have to clean their tank every night? Someone at my lfs told me that, and if they were right, is there any way to minimize the dirt? Also, what is the minimum sized tank that you can hold two fantail or bubble eyed goldfish in?

Pmcgoldie said:
Is it true that if you have a goldfish, they are so dirty that you have to clean their tank every night? Someone at my lfs told me that, and if they were right, is there any way to minimize the dirt? Also, what is the minimum sized tank that you can hold two fantail or bubble eyed goldfish in?

It depends on the size tank you keep them in. If kept in too small of an aquarium, then yes, you would have to clean everyday. It is usually recommended that goldfish are kept on 20g for the first goldfish and an additional 10g for each additional goldfish. Therefore 2 fancy goldfish should be kept in a 30g tank.

Aces11 said:
It depends on the size tank you keep them in. If kept in too small of an aquarium, then yes, you would have to clean everyday. It is usually recommended that goldfish are kept on 20g for the first goldfish and an additional 10g for each additional goldfish. Therefore 2 fancy goldfish should be kept in a 30g tank.

Wow...that's good to know! I have a 10 gallon tank...guess no goldfishies for me...

Back
Top Bottom