good fish for 10g tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettafanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm starting a 10gal tank with a betta, neon tetras, and an apple snail. Is there any other fish i can add? i want one that can live in groups of three or less and wont disrupt any of my other fish. any suggestions?

I think that's about all you could handle in that tank. The only other things I could think of would be shrimp, which are pretty amazing little creatures! Plus there are many that you could choose from, but you'd have to watch the betta to see if it'd eat the shrimp...

I agree, that would stock you fully. I prefer Neons to be in a larger tank as they are active swimmers and appreciate more horizontal swim space than a 10 gal would provide, but that's just my opinion. A group of nano fish like Ember Tetra, Chili Rasbora or Celestial Pearl Danio would be a better choice for a 10 gal than Neons but again that's just my opinion, others would disagree I'm sure.

+1 with above posts.

IMO your tank is stocked. Neons are an iffy subject when subjected to a ten gallon. Personally I would do it, but I know some would disagree.

There's always the alternative chilli rasbora, mosquito rasbora, ember tetra, CPD, and pygmy hatchetfish.

Back
Top Bottom