Good tank mates needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ItsNick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to fish keeping and im thinking of have a indian dwarf puffer with guppys would this be bad or good? My idea is to put the guppys in first then let them grow once theyre older I put a indian dwarf puffer in. Beware my tank will be a 15g tank (do not have tank or anything yet just trying to get ideas)

Everything thing I have read tells me this would be bad. I have a single IDP in a tank and he is the equivalent of a velociraptor.

Oh because I have heard you can keep a few guppys and a ghost shrimp in it and have seen videos of them in a community tank and was fine

There are other members on here with them I am sure they will chime in. My puff attacks anything. Even the hose when cleaning the tank.

Also is this fish good for a beginner this is going to be my first tank since i was 7 years old

Personally I think that they are more demanding. Tank must be well established. Low nitrates and kept very clean. Decaying half eaten snails must be removed often. Keeping live foods on hand for feeding.

I can say from experience I've had a trio of dwarf puffers with guppies and mollies in a forty gallon. The only thing they attacked were the snails.

Would I be able to have 1 dwarf puffer with around 5 guppies in a 15g with a ton of plants?

Back
Top Bottom