gouramis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randomfishmo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
can you put a male dwarf gourami with a male honey gourami in the same tank???

Depends on the individual gourami's personality, but most dwarf gourami males are pretty aggressive to any other male gourami in the tank. If you add both at the same time and they have space to set up their own territories it may work, but have a backup plan ready in case it doesn't. You'll have a higher rate of success if you have 3 females to every 1 male gourami in the tank, regardless of species.

That's sufficient space for two gourami, but you'll still likely run into issues if you get two males.

It's always possible, but it's entirely dependent on their individual personalities and as they grow older their aggression levels are likely to rise. I would say the possibility of it working out long term is pretty low...

There shouldn't be a problem in that size tank. Give them decor, plants, line of sight breaks , sit back, and observe.

i have an all male tank with 7 dwarf gouramis and i have no issues with aggression from any of my fish. they have been together for almost 2 years. that's been my experience. i would get them at the same time if possible so they grow up together. that's what i did. good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom