gravel vaccum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah04455

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Looking to get gravel vaccum. Was wondering what is a good one to buy. There are alot of options out there. I have a 38 gallon fresh water tank.
Would like it to also help with water changes, I do not need one that connects to faucet as my well water is to hard. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Looking to get gravel vacuum. Was wondering what is a good one to buy. There are alot of options out there. I have a 38 gallon fresh water tank.
Would like it to also help with water changes, I do not need one that connects to faucet as my well water is to hard. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Check out ebay/amazon. There is plenty out there, you don't really need an expensive branded one. Just basically a tube with a hose. This will do both jobs..Depending on the height of your tank, you probably need the large size. Just check the measurements of your tank and the tube on the vac....

Here, they go for around 16$-30$. The one that connects to the faucet is a water changer, witch is easier but a lot more expensive.

I connect a large length of garden hose to mine and run it out my living room window...Makes the change so much easier..The water changer Fishanatic is talking about are the business but unfortuatly for me are very hard and VERY expensive to buy in my part of the world....

o:
That's cool, i might get it. How does the manual pump work?

Easy. You just stick the siphon end into the tank, the other end into the bucket and squeeze the pump a few times until water comes out. :) Then I just move the siphon around the tank to clean up the junk from the bottom.

Easy. You just stick the siphon end into the tank, the other end into the bucket and squeeze the pump a few times until water comes out. :) Then I just move the siphon around the tank to clean up the junk from the bottom.
I might get one. Right now, I'm experimenting. Trying to make a siphon with a 2liter bottle, and a hose:D. Will work with water change and gravel.

Back
Top Bottom