guppies and goldies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elle2

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a friend who has a small indoor pond. He has two goldfish and I think it might be too small to add anymore. Someone told him that guppies and endlers can live in unheated aquariums.

Is this true? If so can they share with goldfish?

How big are the goldies (& what type?).

Guppies & other small fish often end up as snacks for big golds, and the tropicals don't do that well unheated (unless your indoor temp is high).... If you want some small lively cold water fish in the pond, a largish school of white cloud mountain minnows will be a better match for the goldies ... although they would still be at risk of being eaten.

Those are both good questions... I am not really sure but I will find out. I will recommomend the white cloud minnows though. Thanks!

Once my heater broke and temperature went down to about 68F and a few of my guppies died.

What's the temperature for your pond?

i know around here you can buy "coldwater guppies" which are usually less colourful, but seem to do fibne in unheated aquariums. i've also known of normal tropical guppies to do fine in cold tanks, as long as they're given time to adjust. i would imagine guppies who have lived in tropical temperatures all their lives who are suddenly shown the cold would not be so happy, though.

Back
Top Bottom