Guppies and Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lainey183

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

I have just restocked my tank I have 9 Guppies, 4 male and 5 Female (I had 6 female but I lost one already.) I also have 10 Neon Tetras.

I am hoping I didn't lose my cycle between the death of my Blackmoor and the restocking. I am not sure though.

Current water levels are:
Ammonia: .25
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

My main question is what temperature should my tank be at. I used AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor to figure out stocking levels and it says the temp should range between 68 and 82.4 for these fish. That is a huge range. I have my heater set at about 75 degrees. I am not sure the actual temperature because my local pet store didn't have any thermometers in stock.

Also, I think some at least 2 of my guppies are pregnant. Any advice for caring for the fry?

Thanks everyone!!

Did I post this in the wrong section?

I guess my main question is what temperature is best?

Tomorrow I am getting a thermometer and some Java Moss.

Thanks!

I just did a water change just to make sure since I am showing a bit of ammonia and no NitrAtes. I didn't realize how quickly the good ammonia eating stuff would die off. It was only two days that the tank was empty.

I will test again shortly to see if the Ammonia dropped. I may also need a new test kit.

How long have you guys found the test kits to last?

Thanks!

I just did a water change just to make sure since I am showing a bit of ammonia and no NitrAtes. I didn't realize how quickly the good ammonia eating stuff would die off. It was only two days that the tank was empty.

I will test again shortly to see if the Ammonia dropped. I may also need a new test kit.

How long have you guys found the test kits to last?

Yeah that's crazy 2 days and it died off. Good to know. Not sure of how many years they last most have an expiration date on them. But usually at least a few years

Thank you! I will search for an expiration date. I think my test kit is about 3 years old.

*Update*

I shook the dickens out of NitrAte bottle 2 and I am not getting NitrAte readings. They are somewhere around the 10ppm I think. Its so hard to distinguish between 10 and 20.

Does anyone know if that is too high? They have only been in there since a couple of days and I just did a 25% water change.

Those bacteria wouldn't die in 2 days. They can live for months, so that didn't kill them. What size tank is this?

Back
Top Bottom