Guppies not eating nitrite 0.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sms1852

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday we fasted my two guppies . Today they won't eat. I added a bubbler yesterday. Could this be freaking them out? The female who I think is pregnant has a white stringy poop stuck on her. This weekend I also started dosing the plants with Flourish Excel. I did a 20% wc with excel. I also added Bio Boost by Essentials yesterday. Levels before wc:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0.25
Nitrate 5

I have 2 unknown plants, 2 annubias, 1 driftwood (bought from LFS) & 2 guppies in my tank.IMG_1234.JPGIMG_1238.JPGIMG_1239.JPG

sms...

Putting chemicals into the tank water will cause water chemistry problems. Limit the chemicals that go into the tank water to the additive that removes chlorine and chloramine, nothing else needs to be added.

If your tank has been properly cycled, water changes should be at least half the volume of the tank done every few days. Small tanks under 30 gallons need at least a 50 percent water change every every 4 to 5 days. Larger tanks can go a bit longer between 50 percent changes.

The more water you change and the more often you do it, the healthier the tank.

B

sms...

Putting chemicals into the tank water will cause water chemistry problems. Limit the chemicals that go into the tank water to the additive that removes chlorine and chloramine, nothing else needs to be added.

If your tank has been properly cycled, water changes should be at least half the volume of the tank done every few days. Small tanks under 30 gallons need at least a 50 percent water change every every 4 to 5 days. Larger tanks can go a bit longer between 50 percent changes.

The more water you change and the more often you do it, the healthier the tank.

B

I did a 50% wc. I noticed white dots in the tank. I don't think it's planaria because I see no worms. Guppies refuse to eat since Monday. Woke up to a dead guppy today. She seemed to be missing most of her tail. Weird thing is she had all of her tail last night. LFS suggested I reset my tank & move my remaining guppy to a bucket for 2 days with an air stone. My children cry every time we lose a fish. Please keep your fingers crossed that Bigtail makes it.

Back
Top Bottom