Heater question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok you should find something to partially cover the top for now. That will help a lot

Any ideas on what? Also the (not sure why the technical term is) what I call the trim around the top of the tank is broken a good ways around it on the inside... Here's a picture to better help you see what I'm taking about incase what I said didn't make sense lol.

Attachments

• image-2525633100.jpg
    image-2525633100.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
Not the prettiest thing to look at by any means lol... But my temporary top. Half is one of my 30g tops and the other is a random glass pane I found and wiped off in a building out behind our house.

Attachments

• image-1235368228.jpg
    image-1235368228.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 50
It might be me but I would move all the heaters to the filter. That way the water being circulated is going to be heated evenly

So far no change at all in temp according to my thermometer. I'm very confused.

The only thing left is they are messed up. If you have them all the way on and the tank is only 79 the light should be staying on. Only other possibility is the thermometer is actually messed up and not giving the right temp

Did you move the heaters as I suggested. The one in the corner is pretty much not doing anything. The heaters need to be where's there circulation. Beyond that its pretty much t leave the tank alone and if it not up by morning then the heaters are faulty

If the light on the heater is off then the heater isn't working. you might try doing a few other things to raise the temp quicker

I have seen people tie a heating pad to the outside of the tank and wrap the tank in a blanket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom