Heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it kinda looks like mini lily pads. Though penny wort is usually planted...... But I think it can be floated. It grows to the surface of the water anyway XD.

It's a pretty quick grower I heard.

Defiantly considering it! Are they good escape artists?

Do you have anything leading from inside the tank and out? And is the tank covered? They usually don't try to escape but if the tank is too hot, bad parameters, etc, they can try to jump out. Crayfish are a lot better then them at escaping though.

Do you have anything leading from inside the tank and out? And is the tank covered? They usually don't try to escape but if the tank is too hot, bad parameters, etc, they can try to jump out. Crayfish are a lot better then them at escaping though.

I have quad T5HO lighting. The fixture has 4 LED moonlights with it. The bamboo shrimp could climb my intake valve or the heater cords.

I have quad T5HO lighting. The fixture has 4 LED moonlights with it. The bamboo shrimp could climb my intake valve or the heater cords.

Holy cow! 4 T5 HO lamps! That is very high light! Pennywort and any other plant would be good under that kind of lighting! Do you have co2? How long do you owe the lights on? The bamboo shrimp is a filter cleaner so it will be hanging around the intake or some decor and catching any food that it happens to catch. If you want to see shrimp crawling around the tank, don't go for bamboo shrimp.

Holy cow! 4 T5 HO lamps! That is very high light! Pennywort and any other plant would be good under that kind of lighting! Do you have co2? How long do you owe the lights on? The bamboo shrimp is a filter cleaner so it will be hanging around the intake or some decor and catching any food that it happens to catch. If you want to see shrimp crawling around the tank, don't go for bamboo shrimp.

I have carbon. The lights stay on around 11 hours during the week but I'll drop it to eight on the weekends.

I have carbon. The lights stay on around 11 hours during the week but I'll drop it to eight on the weekends.

11 hours is a lot for high light. I'd go with a timer and set it to 9-10 hours daily. Having different times can stress the fish. And is the co2 pressurized?

11 hours is a lot for high light. I'd go with a timer and set it to 9-10 hours daily. Having different times can stress the fish. And is the co2 pressurized?

Keep in mind that my tank is two feet deep though.

That's really deep! And its gotta be hard to do maintenance at the bottom of the tank.....

I'm not to worried about algea. I'm putting together a little cleanup crew. How many gallons is 40x20x24?

That's around 60-75 gallons. My 55 is 48x12x21.
Gonna have shrimp in the crew?

I'm really upset because I was told its 100 gallons. I can increase the water depth more but the tanks glass support structure will be in the water. Most defiantly, and I think I know exactly where the bamboo shrimp will go! I have a piece of driftwood that sits right in the current. My sand is probably 4 inches thick in some places too. I feel like I won't be able to have as many fish as I wanted now. I'm so upset!

I'm really upset because I was told its 100 gallons. I can increase the water depth more but the tanks glass support structure will be in the water. Most defiantly, and I think I know exactly where the bamboo shrimp will go! I have a piece of driftwood that sits right in the current. My sand is probably 4 inches thick in some places too. I feel like I won't be able to have as many fish as I wanted now. I'm so upset!

Whoa. 4" of sand in some places?? That's really deep....
I may be wrong about the size though. It actually could be a 100g. Since the only difference between a normal 55g and a normal 75g is the width. And the difference is only around 3-5". In sure you can squeeze the fish you wanted in still. As now that I think about it, 40x12x24 is actually pretty big. Maybe closer to 75-80 gals? And yeah, that bamboo shrimp would love that place :).

Here's the brace at the top.

image-2461475361.jpg

Here's about another 3 inches from the actual top of the aquarium.

image-3238644906.jpg

Whoa. 4" of sand in some places?? That's really deep....
I may be wrong about the size though. It actually could be a 100g. Since the only difference between a normal 55g and a normal 75g is the width. And the difference is only around 3-5". In sure you can squeeze the fish you wanted in still. As now that I think about it, 40x12x24 is actually pretty big. Maybe closer to 75-80 gals? And yeah, that bamboo shrimp would love that place :).
I could be way off but i'm getting it at 50g's on those measurements:confused::confused:

Back
Top Bottom