Hellllppppp please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've just done a 30 liter water change on my 120 liter tank as water had a funny smell left it 20 mins and most oft fish are sitting on the gravel help please fast

Yes I did I done every think the same as I would always do but this time some think is very wrong my fish have never done this

I've done that every think is fine 90% of my fish are at the bottom and 10% of them are still ok

Did you have anything on your hands before the WC ? Were you cleaning (with chemicals) ?

Yes I did have clean hands like always I use a anti bacteria to them and rinse with hot water like always

A funny smell you say ... Was the water straight from the tap ? Did it somehow get contaminated ?

Yes straight from the tap and I don't think so as I use the same bottle all the time gets washed with hot water and used again

Also , how long had it been since your last water change ? The fish might in shock because of the change in water parameters.

I would say about 3 weeks and I only changed it as the bad smelly water and from there gone wrong

In my opinion , it sounds like the fish got used to being in dirty water , then when you added clean water they freaked out.

It is best to do weekly water changes, not wait until your water smells bad enough to get your attention from accross the room. This is not new information daddy;)

I do one about every week but with the lose of two family members I've had a lot to deal with so didn't really get round to it and that's why I did a water change then all went bad

Fish will usually kind of go with the flow.. If you miss a wc and your trates hit 40/50.. Not the end if the world.. However if your tank has say "marinated" and your fish seem just fine, a big wc will shock them, they've adjusted to the less than ideal conditions.. And new fresh water is going to be a big change.. Fast...

Thanks to every one for your help it's been a really help meny thanks Russell

Back
Top Bottom