Help- 13.3 gallon rectangle tank stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BamBamFishKid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recieved a 13.3 gallon tank and I just got done checking parameters. Everything is good. It has been cycled. I need help stocking the tank now. I like loaches, panda garra, gouramis, and "sharks". I dont really want any livebearers but i am open to them if they look interesting. I know someone might ask about by substrate and i am using sand.:thanks:

To start, a Panda Garra needs more room and some very strong filtration. I would look at sparkling or croaking gouramis and maybe a paridise fish to handle the top section.

As for the middle range, a small group of penguin tetras would look great-very different contrast color and odd shape. Harlquin tetras would work as well. Gold barbs would look nice as well.

For the bottom, at least one flounder and small loaches and an eel would work. You could also add some shrimp if you have driftwood or java moss-I recommend both.

If you consider a livebearer, Least Killies would work well. Instead of having batches of fry they have them one a day during cycles. Their bioload is about zip. A few males Endlers would add a splash of color.

To start, a Panda Garra needs more room and some very strong filtration. I would look at sparkling or croaking gouramis and maybe a paridise fish to handle the top section.

As for the middle range, a small group of penguin tetras would look great-very different contrast color and odd shape. Harlquin tetras would work as well. Gold barbs would look nice as well.

For the bottom, at least one flounder and small loaches and an eel would work. You could also add some shrimp if you have driftwood or java moss-I recommend both.

If you consider a livebearer, Least Killies would work well. Instead of having batches of fry they have them one a day during cycles. Their bioload is about zip. A few males Endlers would add a splash of color.

Umm sorry to burst your bubble but I see a few things wrong here:
Penguin tetras- one of the larger tetras... Need more like a 20g long.
A flounder or eel- eel's get to huge sizes. They most definitely won't work in this. I'm not too sure on flounders but I don't think I would do them either.
Paradise fish- I might be wrong but don't they need like 30g?

I would do:
A sparkling gourami
6 ember tetras
5 Pygmy cories

Hey all. I have a freshwater tank that needs stocking. I'd like some opinions!! 20g with 2 Large rocks and live plants.. The bottom is lined with larger rocks/gravel.

Attachments

• image-220113753.jpg
    image-220113753.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 67
Also, the monster can you have in there would kill all fish you would put in there.

It's been emptied and cleaned and I've been successfully breeding mollies in the tank! Also unfortunately there is no way to start a thread on the iPhone app which is what I'm using :(

It's been emptied and cleaned and I've been successfully breeding mollies in the tank! Also unfortunately there is no way to start a thread on the iPhone app which is what I'm using :(

Yeah there is, go to topics, select the one you want. Then use the bottom at the top an start a new thread

I recieved a 13.3 gallon tank and I just got done checking parameters. Everything is good. It has been cycled. I need help stocking the tank now. I like loaches, panda garra, gouramis, and "sharks". I dont really want any livebearers but i am open to them if they look interesting. I know someone might ask about by substrate and i am using sand.:thanks:

There are many nano fish that would work in this size tank...

Ember tetra's
Chili raboras (very colorful I keep these)
Clown Killifish which use mostly the top (very unique I keep these)
Scarlet Badis
Celestial Pearl danios
Pygmy or Dwarf cory cats
Aspisdoras
Rachovii killifish pair
Australian Gold killifish pair

or you can go with fish such as

Neon tetras
Smaller pencilfish
Betta
Purple or regular Harlequin rasboras
Spotted Blue Eyes

There are a ton of small fish that would work beautifully in this size tank.

There are many nano fish that would work in this size tank...

Ember tetra's
Chili raboras (very colorful I keep these)
Clown Killifish which use mostly the top (very unique I keep these)
Scarlet Badis
Celestial Pearl danios
Pygmy or Dwarf cory cats
Aspisdoras
Rachovii killifish pair
Australian Gold killifish pair

or you can go with fish such as

Neon tetras
Smaller pencilfish
Betta
Purple or regular Harlequin rasboras
Spotted Blue Eyes

There are a ton of small fish that would work beautifully in this size tank.

I absolutely adore spotted blue eyes!! They are gorgeous

Back
Top Bottom