Help!¡

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishloverxoxo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help!¡ My friend has a 32litre fish tank. She set it up and left it running for a week. She then got her first load of fish yesterday and put them in her tank (10 guppies + 2 dwarf gourami). Over night all the guppies died and didn't have any nip marks. But the gourami survived. What could it be? Please help me and my Bæ. ?Fishloverxoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear about the losses.
A few problems here involving volume and cycling.
That size of tank is quite small for the number of fish you listed. Was this stocking list recommended by the staff (where the fish were purchased)?
What do you know about cycling? It is more than just running an empty tank for a week. It is basically preparing the filter/tank to safely handle the waste produced by the fish. I suggest you read up on the topic. There are several articles in the Freshwater>Getting Started section or you can Google it. In doing so you will cover the importance of water changes and testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

this link should help you under stand about a nitrogen cycle

adding 12 fish at once most likely added a ammonia spike killed off the fish

12 fish in that small tank is over stocked especially with gourami's

the gourami's shouldn't even be in that small of a tank

just the guppies is enough

remember cycling is important

when adding fish add 2 or 3 at a time at once give the tank a chance to grow a bb to handle the load week or so later 2 or 3 more than your stocked

Back
Top Bottom