Help, alkalinity levels 0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MerakiaDrz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I decided to start my tank again (30 gallon), and bought an oranda goldfish. But I think I misread the levels on my tank and Iam worried something might happen to my goldfish :( What can I do to raise the alkalinity levels?

Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Alkalinity: 0
Ph: 6.8

Attachments

• received_155705015894759.jpg
    received_155705015894759.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 31
Levels

Buy alkalinity up..u can get it in the pool supplies..also raise your ph to 7.2 to 7.5..by using plan baking soda from your kitchen..u can buy ph up and down from your stores but taking out water and adding fresh back will lower levels and baking soda will raise them
Do No Over feed..this causes tje nitrate/nitrite levels to bloom..which in turn causes ammonia build up..

You need to have a test for ammonia too since you are starting a new tank.

So I decided to start my tank again (30 gallon), and bought an oranda goldfish. But I think I misread the levels on my tank and Iam worried something might happen to my goldfish :( What can I do to raise the alkalinity levels?

Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Alkalinity: 0
Ph: 6.8

I have this brand of test strips, as well as the API brand, and it is my experience that both strips have given me different readings, and I don't have any idea why. Just recommending to maybe get a different brand of strips as well and compare. I also have 11 fish in my tank so I tend to feed them a bit, so I need to keep an eye on ammonia and nitrate levels. Plus, it may be that your tank might not be cycled yet.

Back
Top Bottom