help , could this almost be the end ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goodgy

Aquarium Advice Regular
today was exactly 1 month and 1 day and after 3 weeks of nitrites of the charts and 2 weeks of 4ppm of ammonia going in 24 hours ( once this happened was only dosing 2ppm every few days )

my nitrates where 5ppm up until 3 days ago when they appeared at 40 , the next day 80 and then today 80

today I had my first nitrite reading of 0 :dance:

is this normal for nitrites to go from off the charts to 0 in 24 hours ?:eek:

I am now going to dose to 4ppm ammonia and see how long ammonia then nitrites take to get to 0 ! or should I dose to 2ppm ?

Yeah!!!
Dose it to 4ppm, see if it clears in 24 hours. When it's 0/0/X again if it wasn't within 24 hours, do it again.
You are like RIGHT there. this is the very last step.

Yeah!!!
Dose it to 4ppm, see if it clears in 24 hours. When it's 0/0/X again if it wasn't within 24 hours, do it again.
You are like RIGHT there. this is the very last step.

Thanks , have dosed to 4ppm will keep you updated !

didn't have time to test exactly 24 hours after dosing to 4ppm but after about 20 hrs it was 0/0.25/80

hopefully after dosing 4ppm tonight it will be at 0/0/x this time tomorrow :)

ok so my nitrites have been ,on the :
5/4 was the fist time it was 0 , so dosed to around 3.0ppm ammonia
6/4 0.25 so I just left it
7/4 back to 0 , so I dosed to 4.0 ppm ammonia
8/4 24 hours later = still between 1.0 and 0.5 nitrate so left
9/4 0 , so dosed up to 4.0ppm ammonia
10/4 24 hours later = still between 1.0 and 0.5 nitrate so left

What should I do tomorrow when its back down to 0 ? dose maybe to 2ppm or 3ppm and see if it can clear that in 24 hours ?

or just keep dosing 4ppm until that clears in 24 hours ? ( currently clearing between 24 and 48 hours )

Back
Top Bottom