HELP!Expierienced fishkeeper, Cycling with fish,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical Aquarist

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, I'm an experienced fish keeper, been keeping fish for 6 years, however I recently moved and had to sell all my stuff and I have had to start over. Since 2 years I have been a serious hobbyist(Learned about nitrogen cycle, appropriate stocking, etc). Now the thing is I really never had to cycle a tank(did a newbie "cycle" on my old tank) so the whole thing is new.

Now my situation:
I have 2 tanks, a 20 high(24" long), and a 20 long (30" long), both I started 3 hours ago, dosed amquel+ and accidentally added a bottle of TSS to the 20long(I was not thinking properly......*stupid me*)

So, I read the blog on TSS cycling with fish on this site, But I have some questions.

I was gifted 4 male Bettas, today(hence why I was rushed, and needed to set up everything....), and I have a divider for both tanks. I also have a API Master test kit,
Amm:0
NitRITE:0
NitRATE:0
Ph: 8
(Both tanks)

The blog says wait 24 hours after adding a water conditioner, as it kills the BB, BUT I don't really want to leave the bettas in their cups till tomorrow evening.....

~So the question is, what should I do?
1) Add bettas now and add TSS tomorrow
2) Leave bettas in cups and add with TSS tomorrow?

Thanks for any advice, and if anything needs clarifying, let me know!

Hi, that's a hard one. The bacteria in a bottle I've used have been different to that one. If I found the right link it says it can be used after a water change?

I don't think there is a right answer here. Me, I'd leave fish where they are in cups if doing ok and let the tank bed in a bit. If fish might be at risk, would try adding to tank. Ammonia testing would be the way to go either way. How did you get on?

How To Change Aquarium Water Remove Ammonia From Aquarium Bacteria with SafeStartPLUS | Tetra Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom