Help me decide!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nshepler

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is what I want my new aquascape to grow I to ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405533129.117336.jpg what do you guys think? Should I do boesamanis or should I do a species only tank with just neon tetras?

May the force be with you.

Both are excellent choices and neither one is better than the other. If it were me personally, I would go with cardinals and angels with a small mixed school of boesemani, praecox, and turquoise rainbows.

If you like larger fish then go with boesemani.

If you like little fish go with neons.

I can say from personal experience, angels and neons don't go together without the tetras getting eaten.

Angels are similar to dogs, tetras are utterly oblivious. tiger barbs would be good (don't go with angels - fin nipping) and danios are always good.

Different tetra species of similar size can be mixed, and I think that would be your best bet - maybe with a red tailed black shark, although the RTBS might chase the tetras.

I can say from personal experience, angels and neons don't go together without the tetras getting eaten.

Angels are similar to dogs, tetras are utterly oblivious. tiger barbs would be good (don't go with angels - fin nipping) and danios are always good.

Different tetra species of similar size can be mixed, and I think that would be your best bet - maybe with a red tailed black shark, although the RTBS might chase the tetras.

Agreed about the angels and neons, which is exactly why I suggested that you use cardinals instead. They are a little larger than neons and a bit too big for an angels to swallow.

I say get the rainbows if you want more bright parts in your tank than others but the neon tetras if you want a lot of activity going on in your tank:) I don't have any experience with either but I love both;)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

A bigger Tetra may be a possibility. I have Black Phantom Tetras and they are beautiful fish. They could hold their own with Angelfish also.

I've decided on dwarf neon rainbows, the only problem is I can't find them anywhere.....

May the force be with you.

Back
Top Bottom