Help me stock my 25 gal tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwmont13

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need some suggestions on stocking my 25 gallon tall tank. Tank is done with fishless cycle (which took some time because it just didn't want to get cycled). I'm getting ready in the next week or so to do my 100% WC prior to stocking. In the mean time I've been continuing to dose with ammonia and keep the airstone cranked up to keep things moving.

Cycle thread here.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...fishless-cycle-on-new-25-gal-tank-211833.html

Here's my setup

Aqueon 25 gal tall

Gravel substrate smooth no rough edges

Fake plants (I have a couple more taller ones to fill in on the back center that my Mom bought us I'll put those in when I do my 100% WC)

Rena 400 pump with a 4 inch long airstone placed UG

Aquaclear 50 no carbon packet just foam with the ceramic ring bag on top

Aqualight Dual T-5 Fixture & lamp

Aqueon 100 watt adjustable Heater

Decorations and placement picked out by my 6 year old Daughter.

Mercury thermometer

So far here's what I've been thinking about.

6 glofish (have to have those as per my Daughter because she loves them)

1 Dwarf Gourami

4 Dwarf Cory's (maybe Panda's)

According to AqAdvisior that would put me at a 70% stocking level.

I'm open to suggestions? I want to be sure to stock with fish that are realitively easy for a beginner to care for as my Daughter is very interested in helping to care for the fish and maintain the tank.

Tank pic

Attachments

• tankp.jpg
    tankp.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 68
I would not put anything else in just to be safe, and make sure to choose a very healthy gourami as they can get a disease that will kill other fish in the tank good luck

Bambinojake said:
I would not put anything else in just to be safe, and make sure to choose a very healthy gourami as they can get a disease that will kill other fish in the tank good luck

Thanks I'm going to add just the glofish first and if everything looks good after a couple weeks start stocking a bit more.

bettaowner said:
What color glofish are you getting. I love the purple and green ones.

For sure some of the green ones (for me) and I'll let my Daughter pick out the other ones.

Back
Top Bottom