HELP! Micro bubbles still attacking! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a micro bubbles coming from my HOB filter and is such an eye sore. Makes my tank look dirty.. The tank is newly set up and the filter is new I just set the tank up 2 days ago. Any ideas? The hob is rated for a 90 gallon and its on a 50g think it my be pushing water out too fast? I dunno

I have a micro bubbles coming from my HOB filter and is such an eye sore. Makes my tank look dirty.. The tank is newly set up and the filter is new I just set the tank up 2 days ago. Any ideas? The hob is rated for a 90 gallon and its on a 50g think it my be pushing water out too fast? I dunno

I have the same problem. Have no clue what's going on. The water is clear as can be except those bubbles.

I have the same problem. Have no clue what's going on. The water is clear as can be except those bubbles.

Lol yea same here! :/ so frustrating... Hmmm I am looking at my tank and there is a little spot on my air stone shooting out micro bubbles.... Maybe I will see if I can put a stop to that if it will stop the problem. (I also hear if u have an air stone too close to your filter that it could be sucking up bubbles and spitting out little ones so check there.)

If it is adjustable flow lower it a quarter turn.

Also may suggest a piece of filter pad stuffed in the center where the pad sits so the water flow comes out more diffused. it goes in flat and against the pad and ends wherever you prefer, if you don't want to see it maybe cut it off at the edge where the water fills back into the tank, I leave mine a little longer and the shrimp love picking at it.

I use that extra filter pad to add surface area for BB but also to diffuse flow with the flow up at full or if the HOB is smaller and doesn't have a flow adjustment.

They will go away. Give it more time. If you really hate them wipe them off the glass with your hand.

Ok... I will wait it out. Hopefully they go away once the filter is broken in. Thanks

Also fill the tank up as much as possible to reduce the distance the water falls out of the filter.

If it is adjustable flow lower it a quarter turn.

Also may suggest a piece of filter pad stuffed in the center where the pad sits so the water flow comes out more diffused. it goes in flat and against the pad and ends wherever you prefer, if you don't want to see it maybe cut it off at the edge where the water fills back into the tank, I leave mine a little longer and the shrimp love picking at it.

I use that extra filter pad to add surface area for BB but also to diffuse flow with the flow up at full or if the HOB is smaller and doesn't have a flow adjustment.

So get some extra filter material and put in to slow down the flow rate a little? Sorry I am a newbie still but what is BB stand for? Haha

So get some extra filter material and put in to slow down the flow rate a little? Sorry I am a newbie still but what is BB stand for? Haha

It allows the water to disperse more smoothly and reduces the harshness of the splatter/flow, and when the pad touches the water in the tank it helps eliminate the splashing noise as well.

I have the bulk bag of cut your own filter pad (blue and white color $6-7) So it sticks out a little but you can always add a plant in front of it. I do it on all my HOB filters.

Also in case , since you are a newbie, do not use unconditioned tap water to clean, rinse your filter pad, only treated or old tank water to rinse/clean, and by clean I mean never use soaps and cleaners. You can also rinse the filter pad "flap" too. You don't need to replace the pad unless it falls apart in your hands.

I cut mine the size of the filter pad then longer, enough to hang out and touch the water 2-3 inches and shape it a little wide where it will go into the water. A little like a fan, it pretty much floats on the surface, and the filter water disburses through it.

Wow mine was that bad at first then I filled my tank a bit more and stopped it a bit... How did you post pictures?!?!

I used the mobile app. When ever you reply to a thread. There is a "+" symbol in the upper right hand side of the screen. And that will let you add photos.

I used the mobile app. When ever you reply to a thread. There is a "+" symbol in the upper right hand side of the screen. And that will let you add photos.

Ok cool! I see it now! Thanks!

So I tried turning off my bubble wand and that worked. No micro bubbles. However. I don't know if that is good for the fish. Anyone know if I really need it on?

I have a similar problem. Micro bubbles taking away from the focus of the tank. 14 days o being set up, still the same as day 1

Attachments

• image-1375717617.jpg
    image-1375717617.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 66
I have a similar problem. Micro bubbles taking away from the focus of the tank. 14 days o being set up, still the same as day 1

Hello, so what I found was my problem was 2 reasons... Water level and air stone. The air stone a spot on it that was spaying out little micro bubbles so I got a different one. (Still has a little but way better now) then my water level I raise up to the bottom of the filter's fall.. Here is mine now. Keep in mind it was like yours before I did those 2 things.
-dunno if u can tell from the picture but I still have some but it's WAY better

image-2402804149.jpg

Hello, so what I found was my problem was 2 reasons... Water level and air stone. The air stone a spot on it that was spaying out little micro bubbles so I got a different one. (Still has a little but way better now) then my water level I raise up to the bottom of the filter's fall.. Here is mine now. Keep in mind it was like yours before I did those 2 things.
-dunno if u can tell from the picture but I still have some but it's WAY better

That looks great! I turned mine off and the tank looks flawless.

image-3309529168.jpg

I diagnosed mine to either water level and filter. I don't think it's the airdrome. But anyways. The filter spurts the bubbles out. Then when I turn off the fitter in 10 minuets the bubbles are gone. So it's something with the filter. I raised the level and as it did help, was worried about the center brace as I didn't want to go above that. So anyways. It's the filter, any suggustions?

Back
Top Bottom