Help! My Clown Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I I added 4 clown loaches about a week ago and I haven't seen all of the since I added them. 2 days ago I saw 3 of them but it seems like only 1 of them comes out and I can't find the others so I'm getting worried please help me.

What size tank and is it cycled?

What else is in the tank?

Usually, fish new to the tank will take a period of time to adjust to their new environment. This is nothing to be worried about.

Plus, clown loaches love to hide and be silly. Mine lay on their side and play dead and you can pet them, they won't move! They also have a very entertaining game where they chase each other up and down the tank for hours.

Yeah my tank parameters are good. I only saw them swimming all together the second day I got them now they dont do it anymore.

It's a 75g I have some black widow tetra. Some mollies. Some silver sharks. Some pleco. A syndontis catfish. Gourami. And soon some angelfish.

put your hand in the tank, turn over any rocks or pots etc.
rummage through your plants, especially the thick leaves
make sure they did not jump out of the tank, and make sure your filter has a grate or filter sponge on the end so they cant fit inside
they are probably between the leaves of your plants if you have things like swordtail plants
they may not come out in the daylight until they are comfortable

Yeah I prefer not to move all my stuff around. And there is no way that they can jump out and no way they can get into the filter.

Foskett96 said:
Yeah I prefer not to move all my stuff around. And there is no way that they can jump out and no way they can get into the filter.

You'd be surprised!!

I'm serious it's all enclosed. And the only part of the filter that they could get in by is the intake tube but that has a strainer on it.

I'm sorry I'm just worried I check around my tank and in the filter everyday and there's nothing just before I saw 2 of them.

:confused:

I've been in your shoes, as have many of us here. Trust us, where you don't think a fish will fit, is exactly where they do fit. How they get there is beyond all rhyme and reason, but they do it.

Hmm. But I'm just so confused I've checked the filter I've checked around the yank but I can't find em.

What do you have for substrate?

My featherfin cat wriggles down inside the plants and gets himself tail down, head up (like he's standing in there). Check your plants.

From prev. Exp. I have had clown loaches they are to be in schools of 6 + and they need a hundred gallons or more and 20 additional gallons for each fish they get huge 14 + inches in rare occasions but 1 foot + normally so my advice is to rehome them just saying

When you bought clown loaches you
Should of known that they like to hide. Just be patient and you will see them

Back
Top Bottom