Help Needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bettafish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got 6 Neon Tetras on saturday and added them to my 14 gallon tank with my Betta. The problem is that since I got them, the Neons wont eat! They swim around in the bottom part of the tank everywhere, but dont come up for food. My betta doesnt bully them or anything, a Neon ran right into my betta and he didnt do a thing! I also added the Neons before the betta (I redid my tank so I had to take my betta out) However, I'm wondering why they dont come up to the top part of the tank for food, let alone for swimming. My betta is still eating happily, but the Neons dont even acknowledge the food! I've been trying to feed them Feeze-Dried Bloodworms and Nutrafin Max Tropical Flakes but I dont get a reaction at all from them. They seem happy enough swimming around, but I'm just worried. Any ideas as to the problem?

Is your tank cycled? If it is, just give the neons some time to adjust to their new home.
Make sure your betta doesn't get any of that freeze dried junk, since it tends to bloat them. :)

Yes, my tank is cycled. I guess I should give it some time... I just worry because I had heard that Neons are sensitive so I was nervous about them dying or something. Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure he doesnt eat it :)

Back
Top Bottom