Help needed with stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannaby

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently have a 20g planted tank.. The residents are

6 female guppy
2 male guppy
6 neon tetra
3 black neon tetra
3 glolight tetra
3 adf
1 yoyo loach

Could I have another yoyo loach and a couple of peppered Cory without overstocking my tank??

Advice and criticism welcomed..

Still learning as I go along :)

Thanks

Check out aqadvisor.com

But yoyo loaches are supposed to be in groups, so I would get them before any cores, who are also best in groups.

I've read into yoyo loaches and it doesn't advice having them with the species I have in my tank.. Should I exchange him for peppered Cory's instead ?

That would probably be best. But if you do get cories make sure that you have either rounded gravel or preferably a soft sandy substrate, as anything too rough or sharp can wear down their barbels and make it hard for them to find food. They also need to be fed sinking pellets, as there often isn't enough food left behind for them from the other fish, but since you have a yoyo loach I will assume you know that :)

Yes I've read into them.. I didn't actually expect to buy the loach.. I was told it was a different Cory by the shop and found out different later..

Pet store employees..... but sorry if I sounded lecturey, I've been looking into getting some cories myself but don't have the space or money for another tank setup. You could also look into dwarf or pygmy cories. Good luck!

I don't know much about those frogs, but I thought they stayed pretty small. Either way, it was just another option and the dwarf cories can be hard to find unless you order them online. But the peppered would definitely work with what you have.... and now I'm super jealous! :)

I checked it out on aqadvisor and exchanging the loach for the peppered Cory would make me fully stocked

I exchanged the yoyo loach for the peppered Cory's .. It's a shame I didn't have another tank I could of housed the loach in as he was lovely.. Sad to see him go

Back
Top Bottom