Help on Stocking for 28 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ren_hao

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am in the process of stocking up my tank.

Here's my tank parameters
1.9*1.3*1.5 ft (Where I live, tanks are measured in cm, so the odd looking measurements)
Ehiem 2032 (pri) + Gex Slim L (back up)
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2~4
pH: 7.4~7.6
Moderately planted tank with 3 small java ferns and a couple of "large" artificial plants and rock-caves

I have the following in my tank now. The tank has already been cycled:
3 Electric blue ram
6 rummy nose
6 panda cory
1 platy

I am thinking of adding in a small school of tiger barb but AqAdvisor is saying that tiger barb + rummy nose is not recommend.

Any of you have experience in keeping tiger bard + rummy nose?

I am in the process of stocking up my tank.

Here's my tank parameters
1.9*1.3*1.5 ft (Where I live, tanks are measured in cm, so the odd looking measurements)
Ehiem 2032 (pri) + Gex Slim L (back up)
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2~4
pH: 7.4~7.6
Moderately planted tank with 3 small java ferns and a couple of "large" artificial plants and rock-caves

I have the following in my tank now. The tank has already been cycled:
3 Electric blue ram
6 rummy nose
6 panda cory
1 platy

I am thinking of adding in a small school of tiger barb but AqAdvisor is saying that tiger barb + rummy nose is not recommend.

Any of you have experience in keeping tiger bard + rummy nose?

You should try to just keep a pair of rams. 3 is too many for that size tank. There could be bad fights.
Do not add tiger barbs. They are an aggressive, energetic fish and can be fin nippers. They would introduce chaos into your otherwise peaceful tank. Go with a more peaceful, slower moving fish. Pencilfish, lemon tetras, etc.

Don't do tiger bards as they will nip the cories and rummy noses to death. Instead maybe do another school of tetras if you want to add a few more fish. Hope this helps!:)

Seems like tiger barbs are not recommended.

Time to walk around lfs a little more to check out what other fish to keep

Back
Top Bottom