Help Planning New 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The black neons get much bigger then reg neons so probably better of with neons or cardinals.

The black neons get much bigger then reg neons so probably better of with neons or cardinals.

What about glowlight tetras? I'm kinda stuck between them and the neons :p ...the neons are pretty classic in my opinion, but I like how the glowlights are sort of different and I like their highlighter orange colored stripe.

Also, someone told me tetras breed like crazy. Is that true? Could I end up with way more tetras than I can handle?

What about glowlight tetras? I'm kinda stuck between them and the neons :p ...the neons are pretty classic in my opinion, but I like how the glowlights are sort of different and I like their highlighter orange colored stripe. Also, someone told me tetras breed like crazy. Is that true? Could I end up with way more tetras than I can handle?
I've never heard of tetras breeding like crazy. I've never ever had a tetra breed. Maybe you mixed them up with livebearers? They breed like rabbits.

I have 10 glow lights and I love them. Very docile and super cool. They are nearly see through but they have these awesome orange highlights and shine and, hence the name, seem to glow under the light. I think they are highly overlooked as a beautiful and interesting addition.

Alright, whew... That's good, I didn't want to end up with 20 tetras :p

I have 10 glow lights and I love them. Very docile and super cool. They are nearly see through but they have these awesome orange highlights and shine and, hence the name, seem to glow under the light. I think they are highly overlooked as a beautiful and interesting addition.
Good to know! I hadn't heard from anyone who had some, so I wasn't sure.

I ended up getting 6 glow light tetras, 2 pygmy corydoras, and some MTSs. :) My beta doesn't seem to really notice the other fish, and when she does she might chase them around a few seconds, but then loses interest. I originally has 4 corydoras, but 2 died in the first 2 weeks, and when I replaced them 2 more died :( but the tank seems really stable right now with just 2 corys, and the corys seem pretty happy and have a ton of hiding spots, so for right now I'm not going to add anymore. After about a week, I noticed my tank had ich, but the treatment I got worked really well, and after about a week the ich was gone and my water was super clean from all the daily water changes... So over all it went really well, I love how it turned out, and I'm looking into adding some RCS in a few months :)

The RCS might get killed by the betta (I'm betting on it) but if they get established enough they may be able to out-breed his hunting. Also, you should try to get some more dwarf corys in there. Have you been buying them from a LFS? Because you could buy them on Aquabid with less of a chance of ich. Or just quarantine them.

I was getting them at the LFS, but I'll look into that :) thanks. My beta is a female, and has a pretty mild temperament, but I'll look into that some more before I get any RCS.

Looking forward to seeing pictures :) ive got a female fighter and I thought she'd be OK with cherry shrimp. I was wrong. I've got a very heavily planted tank so thought they'd have loads of places to hide in, but she munched her way through every single one. Every fighter is different though, you won't know until you try.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Looking forward to seeing pictures :) ive got a female fighter and I thought she'd be OK with cherry shrimp. I was wrong. I've got a very heavily planted tank so thought they'd have loads of places to hide in, but she munched her way through every single one. Every fighter is different though, you won't know until you try.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had the same experience with my betta (same one in my avatar) The second I put some RCS in the tank with him he went to town on them and killed two before I could do anything about it.

I tried ghost shrimp with him instead and it has worked out much better since they are just as large as him.

Oh, I thought he was a male. Males would almost definitely go for RCS, but you could try a few of them to see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom