Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a blown glass dolfin with a blown glass air-filled orb attached by plastic I have one in my fish bowl and this one used to be there too until I moved it. I've never had problems in the bowl and I've have it there for 6 months

You could try putting it in again after you clean it, although the down side is if it does it again you have to clean it again :p

Yah I think I'll try again if it does it again I will re-re-clean it and not put it in...see what happenes if you ever find more info please let me know

How long ago did you actually set the tank up? It seems early for anything to actually be growing in there. I'd have to think it's from one of the items you've placed in the tank like the gravel, decorations...hopefully not any form of soap.

No soap I know soap is poisonous err I reply don't know I could be from the gravel of dolfin...

Dancing hippos on the wall...my grandmother painted them when I was little

Ummm I set it up in July but I never put in any chemicals

Hm.....what's in that filter bag? Is it just carbon? Is there any other media in the filter? Is that the new filter or an old one? Seems very dirty to be new and if there's just carbon in there maybe that's the issue? If you are cycling the tank without fish I'd clean it all out and start fresh with a new filter. To answer your questions above about cycling, click on the links in my signature below: 'new empty tank' and 'what is cycling."

Queenie11 said:
Ummm I set it up in July but I never put in any chemicals

So it's been running since July with water in it, but no chemicals (like a dechlorinator) or fish? Just filtering empty?

Idk about the carbon
what do you mean by media?
New

It was running for about 3 weeks then it was turned off for 2 then on for 2 off for 5 ...I've been on vacation a lot and I was too lazy to turn it back on when I got home the second time because the white stuff was already there and I new I would have to dump out the water

So it's been running since July with water in it, but no chemicals (like a dechlorinator) or fish? Just filtering empty? On and off but yah basecly

Okay I'd say clean the whole thing out you're dolphin floaty too. Start over, clean it really really well.

Back
Top Bottom