Help puffer is ill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caroline79

Aquarium Advice Regular
My puffer that I got a few days ago is not eating or even going for the snails or bworms his eyes look like there sunk in his face and he is just staying at the top of tank please any help would be good.

The tank is brackish just got salt today . I was told by shop that it was from fresh water but when I put it in I saw the salt mixing with my water!

Sounds like you added salt too quickly you can't change salinity overnight it takes a while to acclimate them. He might be freshwater? Are u sure it was sand

All marine salt does not mix instantly. It takes time for the salt to dissolve, so the best practice is mixing the salt with water in another vessel with circulation mixing the water. Keep the salinity consistent every week after you raise it. Refractometer recommended, but hydrometer can be used too if you are very careful.

Thanks for all ur help and info . Poor little thing it was a f8 . I won't be getting any more of them  I was told it was in a fresh water tank but it was not ! I had the salt but was my tank was fw as I was told it was in a fw tank but as it was taken from the wild it was in bw.
I have had to recycle the tank and wait now i have got 5 dp only a few days ago

image-113683920.jpg

Congrats!

Be very leery of a skinny puffer. Each of them should have a round appearance everyday before feeding.

Terrance said:
Congrats!

Be very leery of a skinny puffer. Each of them should have a round appearance everyday before feeding.

Hi terrance I have one dp thats very thin it is interested in bw and it darts around do u think it's got parasites ?

Attachments

• image-2878594071.jpg
    image-2878594071.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom