Help! Stocking 70 gallon freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterfins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’ve been into fish keeping for just about a year. The only problem is, I’ve been into bettas so i’ve kept smaller separate tanks. I’ve had 2 ten gallons and i’ve had 3 five gallons. I recently got an old 70 gallon fish tank! It’s in good condition. Came with a canister filter and i’ll buy a good heater. Its set up and i ran it with water to make sure everything working and it is but it’s empty. I want to know everything i’m gonna do before i try and stock it with fish and plants. I have no clue what fish I want considering there’s so many options. I know 100% I want a community planted tank. I ask that you treat this tank as your own and tell me how you would stock it specifically and what live plants. Please take into account i’m fairly new into larger fish tanks and would love as much guidance as possible. I don’t want to do anything wrong or inhumane to these fish Any suggestions help! Thank you, xx.

Depends how big you want your plants, but I recommend:Anubias, hornwort, water wisteria, amazon sword or even anacharis.
As far as community fish go I like rainbowfish (I don't have a big enough tank but they are very pretty). Angelfish work, you could always go with larger tetras.
70 gallons gives you a lot of options so just find what fish you like and build your tank around that.

Back
Top Bottom