help stocking a 7Gallon FW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_diablo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,
Iv aquired a 7 gallon tank that im going to use for my office at work but iv only ever dealt with 30G and over so i was looking for some stocking tips please.
My only thought is i dont really want to take the betta route.

cheers dudes n dudettes :p

El_diablo said:
Hi guys,
Iv aquired a 7 gallon tank that im going to use for my office at work but iv only ever dealt with 30G and over so i was looking for some stocking tips please.
My only thought is i dont really want to take the betta route.

cheers dudes n dudettes :p

Get some tetras, swordtails, guppy, they stay in like the 4 inches or smaller range and are colorful.

cool, never thought of guppy's. iv got platies, swords n different tetra's in my 30g and i always thought that 20/30g was a minimum for them as they are quite busy and active swimmers? i may be wrong tho?

El_diablo said:
cool, never thought of guppy's. iv got platies, swords n different tetra's in my 30g and i always thought that 20/30g was a minimum for them as they are quite busy and active swimmers? i may be wrong tho?

I've had them in my 10g and they were fine. The only thing to worry about is that they breed like crazy.

They do kind of need bigger tanks though. They need schools, and a school of tiger barbs in a 7 gallon is way too many. I'd stick with a pair of guppies, 2 African Dwarf Frogs, and some shrimp. The guppies will breed, giving you a good guppy tank. Make sure you read the link in my sig on cycling first though.

Nano fish! Microrasboras! Try celestial pearl danios or scarlet badis. Those are my two favorite nano fish. Or you could make a shrimp tank.

no, but they are not really a community fish. they are violent.

like this :snipersmile::tongue: haha
HAHA!

the microrasbora's look awesome! i'l definatly be considering them once iv cycled the tank, how many would u reccomend for a 7G?
again thanks for the input :D

Back
Top Bottom