Help with a new 20g stock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I finally have a chance to break out a 20 gallon tank that has been in storage for nearly a year now and fill it up!
I will have it in a small area under my loft bed (no direct sunlight, a huge strip outlet behind it and storage under it for all of my fish supplies).
This space is going to be black and red so I was thinking I could do a black and red tank also.
I was thinking of having a red gourami as my center fish and a couple red swordtails as my background fish but I really want to find some beautiful fish that are mainly black and red that will fit in a 20g. I want to have at least 10-15 fish (because it's 20g) and I want to stray away from mollies because I know they need a lot of space.
I also don't want a Betta because I want all of the fish to be male.
So I really want to make a nice, black and red community tank with all relatively friendly fish.
I have a lot of experience with fish already (I have had 2 tanks so far but I moved a couple states over and sadly had to give up my fishies) so any slightly difficult fish won't be to hard for me.
Just comment up what you think would look nicely!
(My main thing is NOT overcrowding a tank cause I have done that before and it wasn't pretty)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Have you thought about tiger barbs? They have a little black and red on them.

May the force be with you.

Awesome! I might get some. Right now I'm thinking: 5 red swordtails, 5 red dwarf rasboras, 5 red phantom tetras and 1 red gourami

FishieKeeper429

Awesome! I might get some. Right now I'm thinking: 5 red swordtails, 5 red dwarf rasboras, 5 red phantom tetras and 1 red gourami

FishieKeeper429

Swordtails can reach 4 inches I wouldn't recommend 5 in a 20 gallon tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom