help with setting up first tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lexi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all

I am looking for advice on setting up a tank, I'm new to all this and theres so much information online I sort of feel overloaded with it all.
I have set the tank up put heater pump and filter on and water in, what do I need to do next? Ive had it turned on about a week so far
Thanks in advance and sorry to sound stupid

Have you got a test kit yet? Strongly recommended. API's master kit is one of the best. Strips are inaccurate. And actually strips are more expensive in the long run. The master gives over 125+ tests for about $25; a vial of strips, good for 25 tests can cost about $17-20. Get the kit and go to the topic of "fish- less" cycling. Very well written article on how to get your tank set up. The main piece of advice I can give you is go slowly, don't rush anything, and if not sure, ask! You will make some mistakes; I don't know of anybody in this hobby who hasn't. But most of all, enjoy!

I was referring to lexi saying " I've had my tank running for a week so far " I'm assuming that ment with no fish inside and without adding ammonia.

Back
Top Bottom