Hey! New to the site, and already need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karbley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone have a list of freshwater fish with which level they dwell in? I would like to restock my tank because my 40 gallon tank is looking pretty bare. I would like to add more neon tetras and a couple Angel Fish if that helps. Thanks! :fish2:

My neons are mid level and the angel fish I would say mid to upper (will range a bit). Do you have angels and neons now out of interest?

My neons are mid level and the angel fish I would say mid to upper (will range a bit). Do you have angels and neons now out of interest?

I purchased a rainbow shark and some serape tetras

Rainbow sharks and Serpae tetras are "nippy" fish. Serpaes, if kept in a large group (6 or more) mostly keep to themselves. Rainbow sharks should be kept solo and will interact with all tank mates in some way. Fish with long fins will prove too tempting and so isn't a good idea to mix with either of these fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

DO NOT PUT NEONS IN WITH ANGELS!!! The angels will eat all of the tetras. I know this from personal experience. I would suggest angels, danios, and a red tailed black shark, or a mixing of tetra species.

Red tailed black sharks have a worse attitude than Rainbow sharks.

Bigger Tetras like Gibberwatt said. Serpaes, Lemons, Black Phantoms, and Black Tetras will be OK with Angelfish. You may even want to go with Black Neons because they are bigger than regular Neons.

Red/Blue Colombian tetras have similar coloration to Neons but are much bigger.

Back
Top Bottom