Hi all.. New member here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Teej

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all.. I am a new member here. I am also a member of the turtle forum. I have 3 tanks.. with a 75 gallon being the main one. I just thought I would say hi to everyone, and let you see my main tank if you like.

http://photos.yahoo.com/udo78

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to AA!!!!! 0X :mrgreen:

nice pics

i used to live in Oshkosh but i moved down to tulsa

i heard you guys got some really bad snow up there during the winter

do any of the fish bother your turtles??

and do the turtles ever come out of the water?

Umm.. Some of the fish used to a little.. but the turtles are the rulers of the tank and they have eaten enough of the fish taht the fis hhave learned to leave them alone.. my female turtle "Getrude" DOES have a friend though.. my Pleco.. It is pretty big.. And helps her groom her shell.. She also shares her food with it. She is the ONLY fish she deosnt; try to take a bite out of while she is eating.. Spanky tolerates it as well.. As far as the rest of the time.. the turtles and fish get along jsut fine... as long as it is not feeding time. . Iahve Cichlids, an Oscar, various tetra's, louches, goldfish, and fresh water lobsters. And yes, if you look at my tank poics.. at the very top of the tano you will notice what appears to be a slight yellow ramp.. That is a floating island baskign area for the turtle.. my next project is to build a terrarium on top of the tank... where the turtles will climb the ramp upto the very top and have a grass area.. that is a ways off though.. and they are hapyp with how they are. The tank loosk very cool with ym 2 painted turtles wimmign around... If you do it though.. make sure you have adiquate filtration.. I currently use bot ha Whisper 330 and a nice undergravel fitler systen with 2 power heads.. doea GREAT jon.. although i woudl liek to upgrade the whisper 330 to a canister filter... oh well.. the upgrades are never done! ;)

Back
Top Bottom