Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daviss_36

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I my names Shawn and live in Kingston Ontario I don't had a tank yet but am planing on buying a 50 gallon or so I was Just wondering what the best setup is as I'm new to this whole thing and thought I could use the help thanks in advance

Any idea of fish? Community or what? Maybe 2 blood parrot or small African tank , community tank.

i think there are some 50 or 55gal kits out there. that would probably be the cheapest way to go. I just set up a 90 gal and had to buy all the stuff separate. I went with the visa therm heater and aquaclear 110s for the filtration

Petsmart has a deal on a 55 gallon kit right now, $149. I bought it last week, have to invest in better filtration but still is a good deal imo... I was there yesterday and the sale is still going :)

Look online for better prices. I bought everything for my 150g off amazon and saved a ton. Bought my 50g a year ago and ended up spending way more buying from petsmart.
Amazon has great prices.
For a 50/55 I'd think 2 aquaclear 110's would be great. You'd be over filtered and could stock anything without filtration problems. They are like $60 each on amazon. You could also get a canister but that'd be a little more $.

Canisters are worth it if it's in a family room or something where you want a nice, clean look to the aquarium without HOBs.
Although I do run a 110 on my 75 g (only about 60g filled) for QT, good bioload and great aeration.

Back
Top Bottom