Hi! Need help stocking my first tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hannashay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I just finished cycling my first tank. It's a 45 gallon that has 3 zebra danios and 3 white skirt tetras. Here's what I was thinking, but I have no clue what it too much so I need help
•2 angels
•1 dwarf gourami
•6 zebra danio
•6 white skirt tetras
•6 albino cories

I used sand substrate specifically for the cories. Is that too many fish? Just right? I've never had a community tank before, just bettas so someone help me out.

I don't think you'd be overstocked. My suggestion would be to have one large group of your choice rather than 2 smaller groups. You'd see much nicer shoaling and movement in a larger school. However if you don't wish to rehome the danios or tetras, you could increase their numbers to 10 of each. Just keep up with your weekly water changes.

Which would be better to keep with the angels? Or would another schooling fish be better?

That's totally up to you. Danios tend to be super hyper, which could stress the angels, but I don't have personal experience with keeping them together. I loved my huge 20+ cardinal tetra school. They were beautiful meandering around the plants together. There are lots to chose from. I'm sure you'd be able to switch out the tetras and danios for another type or types of fish of your choice.

Diamond tetras, bleeding heart tetras, emperor tetras, or even hatchetfish would be some options as far as schooling fish go.

Back
Top Bottom