High pH all of the sudden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TangoTank

Aquarium Advice FINatic
If all other parameters are good in my 15 gal column w/ a few strands of anacharis & 2 female Bettas, what would cause the pH to go up suddenly?

Ammonia: zero
NitrItes: Zero
NitrAtes: 5-10ppm

pH 8.0

Have you checked your tap water recently (after it has gassed off)? Excess or lack rain/snow, changes in how a muncipality processes water, the source of the water, etc can all influence tap values- even on a day to day basis. What has your ph been prior to this? As Tottenham asked, have you added anything new/changed anything? Some more info will help!

Thks for your replies!! The tank is cycled. My tap water recently did one of those chlorine flushes (normally they use Chloramine) but I stored water so I didn't use any of that water during that time period. However, I used double the amount of Prime after the tap water was flushed just to be sure. I always add Prime to the water before I add it to the tank. I'll re-check my tap water gassed out.

I'm also just noticed I'm having very mild Brown Algae. I took all the decos out & did a good gravel vac. I thought maybe extra debris was causing the raise in pH.

Back
Top Bottom