hole in head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glasstapper

Aquarium Advice Freak
has anyone been able to cure or stop hole in head? I have 1 Balzani left out of three and figured if there was any hope-- here would be the place.
opinions on this subject seem to change with each article i read or respected person i speak with regarding the cause/cure
she's in a 55 gal. mature tank water is glourious, have been treating with paragon, but it seems this fish started showing during the treatment
had the balzani's for 2 months before things went real wrong, they are wild caught if it helps as always tks in advance

I've read that this condition is caused by a nutrient and vitamin deficiency. Specifically calcium, phosphorous, and vitamin D. Sometimes (but rarely), there's an internal flagellate infestation which phohibits the fish from using these nutrients.

The suggestion to cure is with a food supplement called Osspulvit-N. I couldn't find where to find this on a google search. Perhaps you'll have better results.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom