Hood for 20g Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to have a few pond plants that came in with some plants I ordered but I'm pretty sure those are all gone. So no, no algae clean up crews. And cfls are compact fluorescents.

Oh ok. Wow, no algae clean up crew and only a few dots of algae to clean when your doing pwc on a high light 10g without co2...... Your lucky :p.

Yeah haha. I used to run my lights for 10 hrs a day and had some algae on the plants build up over time. Really bugged me lol. Cut my photoperiod down to 6 hrs and its made a big difference.

Yeah haha. I used to run my lights for 10 hrs a day and had some algae on the plants build up over time. Really bugged me lol. Cut my photoperiod down to 6 hrs and its made a big difference.

Ohhh. No wonder ;). 6 hours of light..... That's not a lot :lol:.

I am using the finnex fugeray 20" on my new 10 gallon. It will have diy co2 and medium light plants.

I am using the finnex fugeray 20" on my new 10 gallon. It will have diy co2 and medium light plants.

I prefer the finnex ray2 but fugeray is ok too. :) The bigger the finnex lights get, the less quality they have so smaller=better for finnex.
But ray2 will be high light. And will require co2 so prob not the best choice.

I prefer the finnex ray2 but fugeray is ok too. :) The bigger the finnex lights get, the less quality they have so smaller=better for finnex.

DIY co2 is co2 right?

DIY co2 is co2 right?

There are two different kinds of co2. Liquid and pressurized. DIY is usually on the pressurized side. Are you doing the DIY co2 that needs sugar, etc? And DIY needs to be switched once a week so not very cheap to maintain IMO.

The larger fixtures will get you lower par on a bigger tank than what you would get on a smaller tank with a smaller fixture. However, you have to consider the increasing tank height. Any fixture will give you lower par readings as height increases. So while a dual T5HO fixture may get you high light on a 20l, it will only get you low-medium on a 55. It really isnt an indication of declining fixture quality as it is just an indication of increasing height.

Back
Top Bottom