Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

How do I properly filter a divided betta tank? (20long)

I decided to get a 20 gallon long tank and divide it into 4 equal sections of 5 gallons each to house my bettas instead of having 4 separate smaller tanks, but I知 running into an issue with filtration. I知 concerned that if I put a 20gal HOB, all the flow will go into 1-2 sections making those sections high flow which will be hard on my long and delicate finned friends, but leaving the remaining two sections with very little flow/filtration which I知 afraid could lead to other problems. Should I put two 10gal HOBs in it so there痴 equal flow on both sides of the tank? Will that be enough filtration? Or too much? Are there any other methods I should consider?

I thought about using sponge filters on either side, but the air pumps are just too noisy for me, and I壇 most likely not keep them running all the time because of this. I知 really not sure what I should do here, so any suggestions would help

Tags
betta, filter, long, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com