I am a dork, but I LOVE my new fishies!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annielauri

Aquarium Advice Regular
I can't believe I have never had an aquarium before. I mean, I adore animals and always have. I bought a house when I was 19 so that I could have a dog for goodness sakes. Anyhow I just sit and watch my fishies. My dog likes to watch them too. I put the tank right next to my computer so I can see them. I added some more plants tonight, (fake, tall ones) and they seem really happy with them.

Does everyone else name their fish? I have 5 so far, and named them the first night I got them. I wonder if I add fish if I will like them as much as my first ones? :lol:

I am a dork, but I LOVE my new fishies!!!!

uh, i little insulting... because i think we are all dorks :wink: . I watch my fish for HOURS every day, and i name every single fish :p

I don't know anybody who keeps fish just for the sake of having fish. I keep some of mine for aesthetic pleasures :p

We all love our fish, that's the reason we are here. You will keep on finding your fish fascinating and soon will want more than one tank!

Thank goodness I am not the only one!!! I have a feeling that these first 5 will be kind of special to me though. Tonto my silver molly, Dot- my dalmation molly and Spike- my little sissy swordtail who I am thinking of calling Jade or Ashley instead, seem to be my faves. When I have stuck my hand in the tank to add plants or take water tests, they always almost hop into my hand. Spike isn't afraid of me, but hides most of the time and stays away from the other fish.

I own close to 100 fish. here are some of their names

Herbert Hoover
Queen Anastasia Penelope Brittany Belle
Prince Harry, Duke of Driftwood vale
Tom Arnold
Rosie O'Donnell
Leader of the Von Rio Mafia Death Squad
Goldie Hawn
Heath Ledger
Studmuffin the Super Betta
The Hooker (Studmuffin's Girlfriend)
The Backstreet Boys (a troop of glass cats)
Heuy, Dewey and Louie
Jade, Peridot, and Emerald
Scarface
Tony Montoya
Al Capone
Babyface Nelson
Jimmy Hoffa
Snoop Dogg
Tu Pac
Vito Corleone
Ghandi
Nelson Mandela
Sweetpea
Sugar
Honey
Tweedle Dee
Tweedle Dumb
Scooter

Wizzard~Of~Ozz said:
Jimmy Hoffa

Hopefully not an Oto.. they have a bad habit of goin missing.

Hahaha!!

I'll admit I'm a pretty big dork about my fish. I've stopped talking about my fishies to my friends and bf because I realized just how dorky I sound. So I save it to share with people who understand and share my mental illness. :)

Hoffa is pleco =) he lives with a bunch of african cichlids, so I am half expecting him to just...disappear.

yes fish keeping is great. I went from "fish are boring" and "ewww" to adoring them and caring for them like dogs with fins.

Name them.... oh yes.

Spotted Pictus cats

Whiskers
Nasdaq

Four-Line Pictus cats

Pranzer (daughter and I got him for Christmas)
TankBoss

Pleco = Suck-A-Lux

Tetra we dont name cause we cant tell them apart. They are either serpaes or white tetra when talking about them hehe.

Gary the snail

Bubbles the betta

*raises hand* self-proclaimed dork too.

And now I shall try to remember the names:
Depot, Skippy, Suerte, Asher, Kalooki, 13, PBJ, Blackjack, Cho, Ryu, Aphid, Caddis, Walden, Horace, Bob Dole, Angel, Red, Pumpkinseed, Mr. Twinbar, Milly

Unnamed are 5 female bettas, 3 kuhli loaches, and one swordtail.

Most original: Pumpkinseed (a pumpkinseed sunfish), Mr. twinbar (gold twinbar platy), and Milly (a milleri swordtail)

I too have a tank by my pc lol I named my fish, forgot most of them by now, I just wonder if the fish ever name us???

Back
Top Bottom