I cant seem to get a ph reading of 7.0? Help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulieD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys so I joined the forums when I first got my fish tank... About 7-8weeks ago iv completed my cycle, and my levels seem to be fine except for my ph :(
My ph is always at around 7.6 or a little over.. I want it at 7.0. Iv even tried ph down.. Well iv only tried it twice and it jut goes back to 7.6... Some people say ph down and up is bad... I am still deciding >_< ATM iv got bad because it's not working! Rah!! Any suggestions? I only have a fighting fish in there and 2 plants gravel, and a little ornament.

Thanks guys

Fish will adapt to the PH

Are you using liquid test kit?

Or test strips?

Aslong as isnt over 8.2 And Under 6 something.

It will be fine :)

The pH up and down products are only temporary. a pH of 7.6 is fine anyway, fish can adapt to different pH's, and you are doing more harm trying to bring it down.

Your pH Question

Hey guys so I joined the forums when I first got my fish tank... About 7-8weeks ago iv completed my cycle, and my levels seem to be fine except for my ph :(
My ph is always at around 7.6 or a little over.. I want it at 7.0. Iv even tried ph down.. Well iv only tried it twice and it jut goes back to 7.6... Some people say ph down and up is bad... I am still deciding >_< ATM iv got bad because it's not working! Rah!! Any suggestions? I only have a fighting fish in there and 2 plants gravel, and a little ornament.

Thanks guys

Hello P...

Don't fret over hard or soft water. The vast majority of aquarium fish will adapt to the vast majority of public water supplies. The worst thing you can do is attempt to change the properties of the tap water. All you need to do is treat it for ammonia, chlorine and chloramine.

If you need something constructive to do with your tank. I'd suggest researching some live plants and get those into your tank. Plants are natural filters and with large weekly water changes of a least half the volume of the tank, you'll maintain stable water conditions for your fish.

B

Hey guys thanks for replying :) I
Trying to get it to 7.0 because I want to get peppermint (something) catfish lol and a few other fish but definetly not more than 10 fish in my tank seei g as its only 32ltr.

Hi B thanks for replying :) yea I have 2 lie plants in there right now one is a plant on a driftwood I brought when I set up the tank ad the other is actually new it's only 3-4 days old I had other plants but they... Didn't like me lol

Would you guys say ph of 7.6... Is okay for most tropical fish? What would you recommend for my fighter ... I k ow they don't like other fish too much and I know not to get angel fish and sharks because they are aggressive nor guppies because of their fins... I was thinking peppermint catfish and a few neons? Would 7.6 be okay for them?

Not sure about the cats but I keep neons at a ph of 8. My tap water is very hard. I just have to acclimate them slowly.

My tank (30 US gal) holds at a steady 7.6-7.8 Ph. I've only had my tank about 6 weeks but I have yet to have a fish die on me. Even with all my noob-ness shenanigans. I have a variety of fish in my tank...yes i'm I over-stocked :( but anyway I've learned that Ph is the least of my worries.

Back
Top Bottom