I got bored.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rlavassor86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So its 930 pm and I'm bored so I decided to get my 55 out of storage and get it set up. Got my new sand washed and in tank. Now I'm just painting the back and watching it dry while drinking rum... should be a good night. No this is not the final location for the tank either lol. More pics to come when its filled.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130824_212751.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130824_212751.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20130824_212802.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130824_212802.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20130824_212821.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130824_212821.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 70
So its 930 pm and I'm bored so I decided to get my 55 out of storage and get it set up. Got my new sand washed and in tank. Now I'm just painting the back and watching it dry while drinking rum... should be a good night. No this is not the final location for the tank either lol. More pics to come when its filled.

Ahh,, I was going to call it an early night. But you've inspired me to clean my 20 gallon high. It's got a bunch of water stains all over it. Plus, I'll make myself a little jack & coke. :p.

Looks nice! You might want to paint it all, I see a little spot at the top. It will bug you later on if you don't lol.

Hah I thought it was funny how casually you said na, I just pulled out an extra 55 gallon tank from storage lol wish I had a 55 in storage. :/
Looks nice!

Ahh,, I was going to call it an early night. But you've inspired me to clean my 20 gallon high. It's got a bunch of water stains all over it. Plus, I'll make myself a little jack & coke. :p.

Looks nice! You might want to paint it all, I see a little spot at the top. It will bug you later on if you don't lol.

Yea I ran out of jack so captain it is lol. I'm only on the second coat so its all going to be covered.

Hah I thought it was funny how casually you said na, I just pulled out an extra 55 gallon tank from storage lol wish I had a 55 in storage. :/
Looks nice!

Lol yea I've had this one a 75 I got off craigs list and a 125 that got taken down a few months ago when me and my fiance split and I moved. So figured I'd make some room in my garage.

Lol yea I've had this one a 75 I got off craigs list and a 125 that got taken down a few months ago when me and my fiance split and I moved. So figured I'd make some room in my garage.

0-o wow, wish I had a 125 at least set or stored!

Yea I ran out of jack so captain it is lol. I'm only on the second coat so its all going to be covered.

Glad to hear it. (Not that you're out of Jack) lol.

Whoever owned my tank before me missed a spot when painting it black. It bugged me. So I just taped black posterboard to the back lol.

Well I got the first side soaking in vinegar! Now patience. I think ill test my water again on my tank that's in the process of cycling.

Glad to hear it. (Not that you're out of Jack) lol.

Whoever owned my tank before me missed a spot when painting it black. It bugged me. So I just taped black posterboard to the back lol.

Well I got the first side soaking in vinegar! Now patience. I think ill test my water again on my tank that's in the process of cycling.

I can relate. I painted my 72 and hung my filters too soon and scratched some paint off and before I moved it inside of a closet you could see daylight and it drove me nuts...

That's a good deal if the tank holds water. And really even if it doesn't, 30 bucks for a few tubes of silicon and a few hours resealing(if you trust yourself), I'd buy it.

I already bought a 175! & I had to reseal it lol. I have some good diy work skills :) but I have no room for it. Maybe ill convince a friend to buy it. He wants a discus taank

I would do convicts or mbuna and Petricola catfish, or an Oscar, or an agressive tank, I had a freshwater lion fish and an African butterfly fish, they would be good in a 55,

I would do convicts or mbuna and Petricola catfish, or an Oscar, or an agressive tank, I had a freshwater lion fish and an African butterfly fish, they would be good in a 55,

Don't want mbuna my 125 was a malawi cichlid tank and that's my plan for it when I set it back up. I'm not a huge fan of oscars cus they get to big and then they get lazy, and I've done oscars already. Was thinking kribs since its still a cichild and I could have more since they stay smaller. And I really like their coloring as well. I'm looking to do fish I haven't kept yet. I do like the syno petricola but they are hatd to find locally and when they do show up they're like 100 bucks. Thats just crazy talk lol

I already bought a 175! & I had to reseal it lol. I have some good diy work skills :) but I have no room for it. Maybe ill convince a friend to buy it. He wants a discus taank

Nice. I've always wanted discus just never had a tank I thought was right for them. I want like a 65 tall. Or bigger but has to be tall. I think it would showcase the fish better. That's just me though

Back
Top Bottom