I have baby fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dana180

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm cylcling my tank and my Molly gave birth today I crushed up some flakes for them. I need some advice.

How do you do pwc with fry in the tank? I did about 30% today before I saw the fry

Crush up flake food to a powder to feed them or feed brine shrimp other stuff for fry at store . Also you can get yolk out of hard boiled egg then crush it up and feed like get a toothpick dip it in water then food the Water again. Their parents will eat them so watch out! How many do you have? Put nylon or sponge over filter tube so they don't get sucked in.take them 2 weeks around there till they won't get eaten. Make a lot of hiding places

Could the op use a ziptie to hold the sponge on it. The only reason why I ask is because the other day two of the fry from my dads tank ended up in his filter. They were alive to. I have some type of Polly I used for my corner filter before. Would that work as well. I forget the whole name but its used for filters. I dont wanna steal the thread or anything so you can pm me or just ignore this I guess.

Also you should try and get a hatchery because like mentioned above they will eat their fry. Also if you get lucky you can get some brine shrimp eggs at a good price or free. Making a hatchery is very easy and you probably have everything you would need at your house.

jetajockey said:
Yep I've used zipties to fasten all kinds of things in the tank.

I thought so seeing as it is plastic...

Back
Top Bottom