I may have just gotten me a free tank upgrade... Big time upgrade!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
My husband and I were just at his great grandpas house going through some of his things from when he was a kid.. And we got to poking around in a building and look what we found!!! I know it got left from someone who lived in the house last, no idea if it holds water or not... But I'm going to be asking if I can have it. Anyone wanna take a stab at maybe how big this bad boy is? We weren't able to get it out to measure it or anything yet. If I can have it it will be a HUGE project obviously, it's so dirty! But I'm really hoping I can have it and get it cleaned up and that it holds water!

Attachments

• image-1621583745.jpg
    image-1621583745.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 236
No idea how big it is but that'd be a great score if it's still intact and you get it for free! Hope it all works out for you.

I would do the same lol but my wife would kill me if o got it haha. Looks to me like a 125g did it look like you could lay down in it? If so then its a 6 footer of some sort

And I got part of my answer.. The tank is mine!!! :super happy dance: I'll have to hunt down a hood for it... That oughta be fun. Cleaning it will
Also be a job, but man am I excited!

The depth and width look like it might 24". I would guess anywhere from 120g (4x2x2) to 150g (5x2x2).

Either way, nothing beats free! Congrats!

I was thinking 125 or 150 as well. That is fricken sweet! I hope it holds water for you!! I'd be less worried about the hood and more so about what you are using as a stand. That things a beast! It's gonna way a lot. I'd also question my floors and that weight. lol

I'm so anxious to go get this tank and just see how big it is for real... And i really really hope this holds water. I've been debating for a while on switching to sand with my 10g... I think I may just start with sand with this tank once I get it up and running, again I'm gonna have to go on a hunt to find something for this to sit on.. whether it be a stand or some piece of furniture... Ahhh my mind is spinning right now!

I'm so anxious to go get this tank and just see how big it is for real... And i really really hope this holds water. I've been debating for a while on switching to sand with my 10g... I think I may just start with sand with this tank once I get it up and running, again I'm gonna have to go on a hunt to find something for this to sit on.. whether it be a stand or some piece of furniture... Ahhh my mind is spinning right now!

is hubby hand at all?? If so I'd think about making something. You could do it for far cheaper than buying a stand of some sort. You are looking at something that will be about 1200 -1500 lbs if this is about 150 gallons. Unless you buy a stand meant for a tank I would say you will need to re-enforce anything that isn't meant for it.

I will probably end up trying to find a stand meant for a tank that weight just to be safe. I'll be stalking CL for one more than likely as well as equipment for it. It will be a little while before I'll be able to get it up and running, I'll definitely have to invest in a python or something to help with WC's, I definitely don't wanna be hauling buckets for this big boy!

It looks like a 55g to me but it's hard to tell. It's not too hard to guesstimate with some basic dimensions, if its 4ft long and 1ft wide then its likely a 55, if it's 4ft long and 18" wide then its likely a 75.

Looks a similar size to mine, I'd say around 55 - 65g - either way great size of tank and a massive jump in what you have, you will have fun cycling that :) looks like your going to be shopping for an external filter soon.

I'm just so excited because this just means I'm one step closer to finally having angels :D

Free tanks are great! I've gotten quite a few cheap/free tanks and I love it each and every time. You can definitely put angels in that thing, my favorite are pinoy zebras. If I get around to it, I eventually want to breed the various pinoy angel lines.

Loads of room for Angels, not really a fan myself but seen 4 Blue Scalare Angelfish on Saturday in a breeders tank and they where very nice indeed.

My husbands cousin who found the tank and put it up is fixing up the house it was in, and when I asked her if she wanted it and she said I could have it I felt like a kid on Christmas morning I was so excited, first thing I thought of was I already know part of my stock, angels :)

i think the big question before anything else is planned is, can it hold water? if it can then everything else is just shopping, which i think is the funnest part.

Back
Top Bottom