I need a 10 gallon tank stand, any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

son2fu

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've seen some of the black framed ones and I dont like the way they look, can someone tell me of some good ones? or better, a DIY stand would be good.

I usually get one of the double wood stands by All-Glass Aquarium. That way I can stack one aquarium on top of the other and mount power strips on the side of the stand. If you do end up building one yourself don't scrimp on the wood. A 10 gallon tank with substrate, water, etc. will weigh about 100 pounts.

I built a double 10g stand this weekend (side by side on the top shelf) for a total cost of $27 and some leftover paint from my basement. The thing is strong as a rock and should have no problem at all holding 200lbs worth of tanks.

I'd suggest the DIY route personally. I've never been a fan of the manufactured 10g stands.

6 - 8' 2x4s @ $1.99 each
4 - 8' 1x4s @ $2.50 each
1 box of 2.5" screws @$4.50

A smaller stand would use less of all of that.

I plan on putting a step by step in the DIY forum tonight to show how I did it all. Pretty easy and used Google's sketchup to draw it and make sure I had all of the dimensions correct.

I bought the iron metal ones, because I just didn't feel like building one. But the 10 gal size is the idead size for DIY stand, since they are small and light, relatively speaking.

Back
Top Bottom