I need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaNomad196

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, thinking of getting a betta sorority of 5, 2 african dwarf frogs, some pygmy cories, and a sparkling gourami. Is there any ONE food I can give that ALL will eat, because I don't want to buy like 4 different food types for all the fish. I want to only buy 1, MAYBE 2 canisters of food for now.:confused:

Not gonna happen. If you are in this hobby you should be dedicated enough to buy many different food types. What size tank is this? You should have a staple, manufactured food (pellets, flakes, etc.) or two, along with live or frozen food (live: brine shrimp, feeder fish, etc., frozen: bloodworms, tubifex worms, etc.). For the betta, betta pellets, for the corys, bottomfeeder pellets/shrimp pellets I think, the gourami would prefer flakes I think, but I don't know.

Waaaaaaay too many fish for a 10g. If all you can get is a 10g then you need to start getting realistic with your stocking ideas. Either drop the sorority or keep it(its still as bad of an idea as it was 2 days ago) and drop everything else from that list.

OK, thinking of getting a betta sorority of 5, 2 african dwarf frogs, some pygmy cories, and a sparkling gourami. Is there any ONE food I can give that ALL will eat, because I don't want to buy like 4 different food types for all the fish. I want to only buy 1, MAYBE 2 canisters of food for now.:confused:

The betta sorority would be cool (I've always dreamed about having one!) but in a 10g it's not the best of ideas;). They're still bettas and can kill each other if they don't feel like they have enough space! Plus they don't get along with the gourami... It's a recipe for disaster-trust me.

If for rid of the bettas then you could probably feed 2 kinds of food. These would be your staples, although fish LOVE frozen and live foods- plus they go on sale for cheap every so often and you can keep the frozen for a while! Also, I'd be concerned for the ADFs because the gourami can get a little snippy with the ADFs come up for air=injured frog!

If you could possibly rethink your stock and/or ask for other fish kinds I can give you more specific information on what foods;). Just remember to stay positive when you get into this hobby, some don't remember what it was like when they started off. So don't be afraid to ask questions because its better to ask then waste a bunch of money and time!

Just get two types of food - one for the bottom dwellers, one for the non bottom-dwellers. As long as the staple flake or pellet has sufficient nutrients, there is no need to vary diet. (Except when feeding live food to condition fish for breeding.) The fish will not "get bored" with the staple food as long as it gives them what they need. People try to tie human emotions to fish, such as not wanting to be fed the same thing over and over, but there is really nothing to show that fish are capable of exhibiting these complex emotions.

I agree with bud. I have omega one flakes for my top feeders and new life spectrum for my bottom feeders.

:(

Can't get ADFs, my mom won't let me, I might just save up, get a summer job, move some stuff from my room, and force room for a 60 or 75 gallon maybe? Get 2 angelfish and some others. Anyways, if I do a betta sorority, I'll have back-up small tanks and stuff for if they fight they can stay there temporarily till I bring em back to the pet store, and I won't get the gourami.

Can't get ADFs, my mom won't let me, I might just save up, get a summer job, move some stuff from my room, and force room for a 60 or 75 gallon maybe? Get 2 angelfish and some others. Anyways, if I do a betta sorority, I'll have back-up small tanks and stuff for if they fight they can stay there temporarily till I bring em back to the pet store, and I won't get the gourami.
That'd be great! I am hopefully getting either a 75 FW or a 40B reef this summer as well;) Good luck on your job hunt! And that is a good idea with the betta back up plan!

Feed them tetra color granules

Attachments

• image-3128697580.jpg
    image-3128697580.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom