I need some help with new Aquarium!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many days has the amm/nitrites been zeroing out for? I'm on a cell & haven't figured out yet how to read back through threads.

Ammonia is coming 0 for last 8-9 days and Nitrite for 2 days.

Give the nitrite another 2 days of steady zeroing from 4pm ammonia. When your ready for fish, skip the amm & do a big water change ( or 2) to drop your nitrates as low as your tap. Make sue the water is temperature matched & properly conditioned. Adjust your heater if it was cranked up. If your not familiar with drip acclimation, check out Utube for how to videos. Congrats!!!

Feed Peas to fish (guppies and Mollies)

Hi,

Is it ok to feed Peas to guppies and silver mollies?

thanks
Charanjit

Hi,

Is it ok to feed Peas to guppies and silver mollies?

thanks
Charanjit

Should be, why are you asking? Use the frozen ones; thaw them (I put mine in the microwave) and take the shell off before you feed them.

How many fish did you get? Just FYI Mollys might be a bit too large for a 12 gal, particularly with other fish in there; there's a good change you're overstocked. Also if either or both fish breed you're going to have some problems lol.

So far I was just feeding them "Omega One color flakes",
Just wondering if I can feed something else.

I have 5 guppies and 1 black molly and 1 silver molly. They all are male.

Ok sounds good. You might be ok with that stock if you keep up your water changes (50% per week) and keep the substrate clean and don't overfeed. You're fully stocked though. Maybe someone else with Molly experience can tell you for sure whether they'll be ok in a 12 gal long-term.

For feeding you can try to get some frozen food for them, shrimp, tubifex or bloodworms would be a great treat. Try to avoid the freeze-dried as it can cause bloating issues but if you soak it first in some tank water it might be ok. Either way use this as a treat only and not a staple, once per week would be sufficient to give them some variety. Feeding peas once a week is a good practice, I do it as well. It helps aid their digestion. I also fast my fish the day after I give them peas.

Thank you...

I have given mollies to my friend and add two more guppies

I have 7 guppies now in 12 gal.

Hi,

I noticed some green accumulating on the walls of aquarium. How should I treat that?

Thanks,

Guppies have lost scales on top of their head

Hello All,

I have noticed 3 of the guppies have lost scales on top of their head. all the water condition are good and I am keeping temperature to 72 degrees and changing 20% of water every week. I have attached a photo with this post.

What should I do?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 32
You will get a better response if you post a question in the 'FW Unhealthy Fish' section of this forum. Please read the sticky 'please read this before posting'- the more information you can provide, the better. From the pic, its difficult to tell what is wrong.

Hello All,

I have noticed 3 of the guppies have lost scales on top of their head. all the water condition are good and I am keeping temperature to 72 degrees and changing 20% of water every week. I have attached a photo with this post.

What should I do?

Thanks

Were they like this when you got them or is this new? Temperature seems a bit low for guppies, try to get it up to 76-78. Also 50% weekly water changes is a good schedule to keep, 20% isn't much. You want to vacuum the substrate too to suck up any old food or waste. Clean water prevents a lot of illnesses. Is there anything in the tank (sharp decorations etc) that they could have gotten hurt on? What are your current readings for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and PH?

Back
Top Bottom